Thunderstone Releases Webinator™ Web Index & Retrieval System Version 6 and Search Appliance Version 8
CLEVELAND, OH — Making it even easier to integrate high quality search into your website -- Webinator Version 6 and Search Appliance Version 8 are here.
New features include:
- More intuitive searches, including Unicode support and accent-insensitive queries:
This improves non-English searches; e.g. "cœur" will also match "coeur", "resume" will match "resumé".
- Enhanced search results, including multiple snippets and styled highlighting.
- XML/SOAP API to ease integration of search into dynamic sites.
- Meta Search to allow searching multiple profiles together in one transaction.
- Results Authorization so unauthorized documents don't show up in search results.
- HTTP/1.1 support including gzip compression to reduce crawl times and bandwidth utilization:
Reduces load on targeted servers, and potentially allows access to more content.
- And much more: see the full list of new features here.
For 30 years Thunderstone Software has been dedicated to providing the best search solutions possible to government, corporate, and non-profit customers, with exceptional service and devotion to finding the right solution for the customer.
For further information call +1 216-820-2200, visit www.thunderstone.com or email
# # #